Saturday, April 7, 2012

Springboard Week 2

Here's a pose I did with Maya this morning. Just for fun and no reference, I started moving joints here and there keeping in mind the line of action, weight and silhouette. Can't help to get inspired by all the students from Class 01 doing all these great poses! We don't start assignments for Springboard until the 4th week, so for now it's mostly watching videos of how to use Maya, using the AM Tools and other orientation stuff.

Also, I've been learning so much from my AM friends. YES! - Friends! You spend so much time around all these talented people from all over the world, that I can't help but to start calling them friends already! I can't stress enough how important is to be active in the AM community by leaving feedback to other students about their work. Not only you train your eye, but you also learn how to give constructive criticism and how to accept it as well. The creative energy and the eagerness to learn from the AM community is AMAZING! - Honestly, more so than what I felt going to art school 10 years ago. And to think I'm only on my 2nd week of Springboard!

Have a great Easter weekend!
Jose

Giant Easter egg! NOOOOO!

2 comments:

  1. I like this a lot, it is very good, I would translate his arm SL slightly to get his thumb out of his face. It's creating a tangent right now and it would make better silhouette if you did that. Keep it up bud and congrats on eager beaverness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great feedback Christopher! I totally forgot about those pesky tangents! Keep it up as well and best of luck in Class 2! I'll try to join you guys soon on your G+ hangout parties! :)

      Delete